Monday, May 19, 2008

A New Toy for Me


I am always excited when I get to play with new technology. I am more excited when I get to own the technology. Due to a tax return, I am doing my part to stimulate the economy and purchased a new digital camera. It was a steal! I have been looking for a while and coveting for a long time. The Costco coupon confirmed my desires and I am now the ecstatic owner of a Nikon S52c. It was over $100 off the Amazon price, plus I got a leather case and 1GB memory card for free! My good friend Hilary and I were both recipients of this Tech Deal of the Day. And even though we both wanted the sleek red version and had to get the black due to availability, I call it a win all the way around.

There are some very cool features that this camera has that I never thought would even be available on a camera, but are now found on mine (which was only released 3 weeks ago). I can fix red eye in the camera before I make prints or load the pictures onto my computer. When I am on vacation and take that picture of the very important land mark because the tour guide tells me to, I can record a 20 second voice over to the picture so that when I get back from vacation I will remember why that very strange building is important. All of the optical zoom is inside the camera itself, so it never protrudes beyond the 0.9 inch width of the camera. It has all the bells and whistles for shooting that a modern camera should have.

However there are two features that are the COOLEST I have ever encountered. I can create slideshows with pictures and movies, with background music, in the camera. And the one that I thought was totally unimaginable is that I have wi-fi in my camera!!!! Yes, you read that right. All I have to do is plug in my camera, to the electric source and it will automatically charge my battery and download my pictures to the wireless source I have designated! How cool is that!?!?

So you can look forward to some awesome pictures to come from my new camera. I hope to be able to share slideshows and features and the joys of technology ownership.

No comments: