Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Well, it was my first official Mother's Day. It was a very enjoyable day indeed. Chruch was fabulous; I received my consolation geranium with pride. I had a bouquet of fresh flowers on my clean kitchen table. I talked to my mom. I opened the cheesiest card with the hand-written part starting, "This was the last card at Safeway's, I would have gotten you something more exciting." I unwrapped my first legit gift. Although to use the word "unwrap" is a slight exaggeration. There was a piece of newsprint paper declaring it to be fancy wrapping paper, but I could see right through it...quite literally. On the inside of said "wrapping" was this:This immersion blender that I have desired for quite sometime features:
  • A robust motor and durable blending attachment that includes a premium stainless steel blade
AND
  • Variable speeds provide greater processing control that adjusts to handle a variety of foods, beverages and soups
We made berry sorbet; it was DELICIOUS!!! The day ended with a wonderful dinner with La Familia Barney (our cousins who live right here in the 'Tron). It truly was a day to be remembered.

2 comments:

Hey, It's Ansley said...

Sounds like a fun day!

Immersion blender = best invention ever!

Caitlin/Landy/Calrissian said...

pretty much, I bought the flowers... but then you had to give me 10 bucks so I wouldn't overdraw... so it's more like you bought the flowers. Oops.