Friday, May 16, 2008

An Emergent Visit


I was on my way to a Girls' Camp Meeting when Caitlin (my sister) called in hysterics. She had, "sliced part of her finger off in the meet slicer" at work. In about 20 minutes from the slicing of the wrong kind of meat we pulled up to the best parking I have ever had at the St. Vincent Memorial Emergency Room. In fact, now that I think about it, I don't think better parking exists unless you have a red flashing light and a siren.

It was still bleeding when we arrived. But five shot, four pills and three stitches later, she was ready to go. On the below picture you can even count the three stitches. That'll be fun for Margaret!

Caity, who is also known as Landy in Portland, only cried twice. But oh that I could have had a video of her receiving the injection before the stitches went in! I have never seen anything so funny in my life...except for maybe the "Windy City Marshmallow Game" on The Ellen Show. All in all, it was an enjoyable and productive trip to the ER. We were in and out in roughly 75 minutes...perhaps a new record!

4 comments:

Shirlene said...

Wonder who the lucky recipient of that sandwich was?!

Jim Hite said...

What's truly cool about this is that the angle of the hpoto makes it look like the entire end of the finger including nail was cut off. - Not just the ball off the end.

Jim Hite said...

Errrr.. try PHOTO (not "hpoto" - that doesn't even translate in your brain when you try to figure out what I meant.)

Karl Hite said...

wow, absolutely horrifying.