Saturday, May 3, 2008

It's a Girl!!


Arriving August 1, 2007 120 lbs. 64 inches!

Many of you may not know that I am a foster parent. The attached Asian is now more permanently attached. Gabi came to live with me last summer. She was a student of mine for two years before she move in. Now she calls my wee house, "home."

Gabi is Korean, no I mean actually from Korea. Born and raised in South Korea in the Capital city of Seoul, she speaks perfect Korean. Luckily for me her English is pretty fantastic. Since my good Cousin Scott only taught me one word in Korean this is especially good, otherwise she would be answering my questions of, "why" or "weyo" at all times. She is a senior this year and will graduate in less than a month, yikes!! We are deeply entrenched in the process of getting into college. She was just accepted to University of Oregon, which is exciting, but she is holding out for the true university of Oregon, Oregon State (Go Beavers!).

Now for the dirt, parenting is the most interesting, hard, fun, rewarding, weird thing I have ever done. My little sis, Caitlin (aka-Lola, Landy, Caity, Clayton, George), moved in this year too. The house has been full, and dirty. The new 50 cent rule should help with the latter. (Each item left out in the front of the house is 50 cents, eg-pair of socks=two items.) I never imagined that my life would have ended up here, but here it is and I wouldn't have changed anything...except for that one sunburn that one time....oh well. I love my life and my little family here in "The 'Tron."

5 comments:

Amber said...

Hey Malia, good to see you in the Blogging world. So you are a foster parent, that is so cool. How old is your ward?

Malia said...

Hey Amber, thanks for stopping by. I am in the family ward now....So we are really old?!?

MaDeb or Deb said...

I love that you have a blog! You were a favorite in the Ward and I don't want to loose touch! If all else fails...it works through the Internet.. Miss you but glad there's ways to stay connected...

Cali said...

Tell the girls that life could be worse! At our house we charge $1 per item left on the floor!

gabi said...

In my opinion, I think parenting should be about rewarding for a good behavior rather than punishing for a bad behavior.

-Not Gabi