Friday, May 2, 2008

New Glasses

I picked up my new glasses today. I was astonished when my doctor called to tell me that they were finished. I just ordered them on Tuesday, yet here we are less than four days later with new specs. I like them a lot. I am not yet sure I will like the prescription filling the frames, but so far I have no major complaints.

As many of you know...or don't know...I have had the grand pleasure of wearing bifocals since early in my high school career. As you can see, or not see as the case may be, I now have bifocals with no line. This is very cool and expensive. Although not as expensive as the non-glare finish I had put on these lenses for a cool $70. However, I now get the pleasure of viewing the world as though there were no broken piece of glass between me and everything else.

3 comments:

Hey, It's Ansley said...

LOVE them!!! I have fake glasses and in 7th grade lied on the eye exam to get glasses which I never wore because they caused headaches. Plus they were big and red like Sally Jesse Raphael. Glad you found frames and lenses you like.

Larry said...

Styling. I've had "line-less" bifocals for awhile.

Very cool!

Oreo Mom said...

What happened to my baby 'gurel'? She shrank and got normal hair...and less of it...have your thyroid checked!!! The have contacts for bifocal gals now...one sees distance and one close up...way cool. Glasses...hmmmmmmm...I guess they are a trade off for the wild hair? LIked the wild hair better...I think. Mu Mu's are for old ladies that stay home and do housework. Thank God for blue jeans for this ol' gal!!! Websites coming soon...will share when complete! Love you and miss you! AZ Oreo Mom with 4 legged kids...and wings! xxoo