Friday, September 24, 2010

Wow! What support!

I am so amazed at how many people are supporting me!!  It was quite the risk to sent out this website to every man, woman, and child on my email list.  I am sure that my therapist will be quite impressed later today...and then, once again, wonder if the new attitude of full self-disclosure is sustaining.

I had a great birthday and lots of wonderful warm wishes.  Thanks to all of you!  I am totally amped for year 33.  Not only is the year palindromic, but it is the year I become a home owner and, hopefully, the year I get skinny. 

For those of you not in the home owner loop, let me explain.  I have been trying to buy a home for the last several months.  The market is incredible and interest rates ridiculously low.  If there ever was a time to jump into the real estate game, this is it.  I moved in with my aunt and uncle in Beaverton this July.  I was supposed to close on a lovely 3 bed/2.1 bath townhouse in mid-September.  However, due to an under appraisal and sellers who thought much too highly of their stuff the sale fell through two weeks ago. 

I started looking again and found a cooler, awesomer house-house (check out pics!) and made an offer on Wednesday. 

After some haggling, I signed the contract yesterday afternoon for only $189K, a wonderful birthday present to myself!  The inspection is Monday and I hope all will go well.

I think this may have been the only birthday that I actually lost weight, 1.6 lbs to be precise.

Today's Weight: 283.8
Today's Weight Loss: 1.6
Total Weight Loss:  8.0

4 comments:

Betsy Hite Reddoch said...

I'm on the edge of my seat to see what happens with the house. Keep updating about your weight loss because I love seeing it!

dot... dot... dot... said...

Love the house! My favorite is the open kitchen, lots of cupboards, and a counter with space!

That and the windows in the master. Best of luck on a smooth ride on this one.

Beth Butterworth

James and Summer said...

Congratulations on the house! looks beautiful and lots of space! And I love the garden tub - okay jealous of the garden tub. ;)
Keep up the 'loving yourself' enough to take care of yourself! Your courage to post about it inspires me to keep up the exercising and healthy choices.
Way to go!

ygabikim said...

Hey its me Gabi
Love the kitchen! and the backyard!!!