Thursday, September 23, 2010

Biting the Big One...or the small one as the case may be

After years of trying fad diets, Weight Watchers, pills, starvation, and running 6 miles a day, I have decided to embark on a promising journey of weight-loss.  I have had several friends find success with this system and so far, so good.

The Magical Weight-loss System is called Medipro Slim and basically consists of the following:
  • HCG Injection - a pregnant lady hormone which causes increased metabolism & decreased hunger
  • VLCD - a very low calorie diet of four protein shakes and two "sensible" meals
  • Doctor Supervised - I see a physician twice a month who checks body fat %, hydration level, and many other health related stats.
  • Nutritionist - I meet her twice a month and we decide how much I should eat during my "sensible" meals and which foods will keep my body in ketosis, the fat-burning stage.
  • Lifestyle Coaching - Again, twice a month to foster healthy habits including diet choices and exercise.
I will post the joys of my day and how much I have lost/gained. 

Here are my BEFORE pictures at my cousin's graduation:



Today is my birthday and I get to eat strawberries with stevia for dessert!  I wish it was strawberries on cheesecake, but there will be time enough for that.  It is only day three and I don't want to mess up the progress!  I am not that hungry and I LOVE eating 7 oz. of steak for dinner!  I wish I could eat more veggies, but that's okay.....'CUZ I"VE LOST SIX AND A HALF POUNDS IN THREE DAYS!!!!!

Please see the stats below.

Today's Weight: 285.4
Today's Weight Loss: 1.6
Total Weight Loss:  6.4

9 comments:

Destiny said...

Happy Birthday and good luck!

Betsy Hite Reddoch said...

YOU CAN DO IT!

James and Summer said...

Happy Birthday! and good luck on that diet - hope it works great for you!!!! you are loved and so very missed!

JonJon said...

Good luck and happy birthday. I am now officially following.

Sara said...

Happy Birthday darling Miss Malia Hite! So brave of you to go public. Good luck!

Allie Hite said...

Happy happy birthday Malia dear! I support you in your weight loss endeavor! As one who has been on this road for 6 months and -40 pounds...I know you can so it!

Cali said...

Malia! Good to hear from you. Being 9 months pregnant, I wish I could say that I have increased metabolism & decreased hunger :) All the best to you! Remember you've always been and will always be beautiful! Rock on, girl!

GA Howes said...

Good Luck! I know you can do it!!!

I miss you and your precious LAUGH!!!!!!!!

Sandy

Diana said...

Happy Birthday Hite! I wish you all the best in this endeavor. I believe it was that dang HCG that made me want to puke during pregnancy (perhaps that is the appetite suppressor)! So good luck, sister. Can't wait to hear how it goes.