Wednesday, October 21, 2009

SWM 2009 - Day 6

This week is Homecoming at our school.  That means that every day is a different dress-up day.  I love my costumes so this week was fun.  Today was Plaid Day!  The only plaid I own is my pajama bottoms.  Awesome!  However, I did get lots of comments about "how comfortable I look."  I kept trying to tell myself they were simply jealous of my appropriate wearing of pj's to work, but in the back of my mind was what a student told me my first year teaching.  "Miss Hite, when we tell you that you look 'comfortable' it really means that we think you are a slob."  More awsome!


Anyhow, today's shoes are a pair of Keds that I purchased on sale at Fred Meyer while I was doing EFY a few summers ago.  My friend and co-worker, Bryan, picked them out.  They were a necessity on the first day of Forest Grove EFY 2007.  We had gone tubing down the Boise River two days prior.  I had forgotten to put suncreen on my legs and I was burnt to a crisp.  EFY rules state that you must wear closed toe shoes, but socks hurt too badly to wear my tennis shoes.  Thus an emergency run to Freddie's.

Vegan: 1  Non-vegan: 5

No comments: