Sunday, October 14, 2012

Just say NO.

Well, it has been a WHILE.  In fact, it has been more than a year!  There have been so many adventures and challenges and successes, but the past is actually not what I am concerned about at the moment.  I'm actually very interested in the future.

I have been impressed, from my experience with General Conference and some personal thinking, to record my life and record what I want my life to become.  I was transferred to a new high school; I am now a Westview Wildcat.  While it is going well, there is one  word that I am trying extremely hard to incorporate into my working vocabulary.  That word is, "no."
See, I have had too much going on and haven't been able to enjoy my life.  I am working full-time.  I am a half-time graduate student working on my doctorate.  I am a private tutor.  I am a mother.  I am a volunteer organist for church and also in the temple.  I am a Sunday school teacher.  I am a friend.  I am.  This list seems long, and it is.  However, I feel so much less busy this year.

Additionally, I am trying to use my time to do worthwhile things rather than being caught up in "the thick of thin things."  I am taking a hiatus from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.  I am reading more and watching less tv.  I am trying to be more purposeful and deliberate about my time usage.  You might ask, if you are going to take a break for the electronic interface, why start up the blog again?  Well, I need to record my life and this is an easy way to do it.  Simple as that.

I need to take a nap; I am recovering from one of the worst reactions to an immunization I have ever seen.  So I am really tired right now.  On the plus side, I won't ever get pneumonia!

My goal is to share my thoughts and feelings on a semi-regular basis.  I can't promise every day, but my goal is at least twice a week.  Perhaps after my nap I will share some of my reflections form Conference....

Thanks for reading@
Malia

No comments: