Friday, October 31, 2008

My Current Read...that I LOVE

I have owned this book for some time, but have never read it until this week. I have long been a fan of Sheri Dew; she has this crazy ability to say things that are like a dagger to my soul. Her most recent publication, God Wants a Powerful People, is no exception.

This morning as I read in the stillness of the early dark hours of the day, there immerged three major themes that have become mantras in my life. I have heard them in previous talks and also read them in previous books. I love them; they have changed my perspective in life.

1. Who you are is who you have always been.
2. You were foreordained to live in the last days.
3. Do you want the kingdom of God more than you want anything else?

I think that if I really stopped to think about these things whenever I found myself in a tough situation, or had to make a decision, or in some way was discouraged, I would have an eternal perspective. It is with this eternal perspective that I would have peace and security in life. I would live my life with more confidence, purpose and, ultimately, more power.

No comments: