Saturday, June 28, 2008

Lazy...but busy summer!


I have started this post about five times, but have never had enough motivation to finish it. Perhaps it is because my computer is slowly dying (it has been good to me for 2 degrees and 5 1/2 years) or perhaps it is simply because it is summer and I can always find other things to do that are more fun and more exciting.

Some of the highlights of my lazy, nearly work-free summer have included: trips to the beach, playing with friends and cousins, concerts (I basically held hands with Tim McGraw for one whole second), bikes, books, pools, new running shoes, naps, movies (Must see movies include: Ironman, The Incredible Hulk, Indiana Jones, Kung-Fu Panda, and Get Smart), games, garage sales, and unfortunately a lot of picking up.

My Auntie Shirlene once posted a picture of her kitchen displaying the summer effects, I just remember the line of pop cans. I recently went into my kitchen to find no fewer than a dozen empty pop cans waiting for recycle by the sink. I don't drink soda, so I found that significant. From my position here at the computer I can see exactly 3 empty soda cans/bottles. I would spend my day picking them all up, but as I am trying to hide from the nearing 100 degree weather today (with no air conditioning) I think they will just stay there for the time being.


Today's game plan includes, the pool, a book I have to read for book club, and going somewhere with air. I hope all of you are staying appropriately cool and having appropriate fun this summer.

4 comments:

Tamara said...

i got a new hard drive for my dying computer.
changed my life!
:)

Mama Hite said...

Your summer sounds awesome!!! Isn't it interesting how many life-shaking things we can find to do when work isn't one of them? Stay cool. I just keep thinking about those poor Olympic wanna-bes in Eugene who are trying to perform in this record-breaking heat!!! Perhaps you should go look at the frozen food at Safeway for a few hours. . .

Shirlene said...

Always a pleasure to have a little glimpse into your life. Looking forward to seeing you in a week or two!

Jim Hite said...

I don't need no stinkin' summer to be lazy.