Thursday, June 12, 2008

I don't think it was the tomatoes...

...and neither does the doctor at the ER, but it sure felt like salmonella poisoning.

I spent four quality hours hooked up to an IV giving me fluids and a variety of medications yesterday morning. I do not recall being that sick in my working memory. My thanks goes to St. V's emergency department and their readily available supply of phenergan.

Quote of the day:

(While talking with Advice Nurse) "Wake up your husband and have him take you to the Emergency Room."

First of all, why would she presume I am married. Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, if I did have a husband, he would not be sleeping through that kind of sickness. I just don't understand some people.

1 comment:

Shirlene said...

Maybe you finally got the "bug" that was floating around the day after Chelsea's wedding -- you know, back in January!